Frequently asked questions about Ameritas Advisor Solutions
Can I use these products in my client’s financial plan without being appointed with Ameritas?
Ameritas Advisor Solutions has a long history of assisting fee-only advisors in placing insurance for their clients. The policy is considered to be solicited directly from Ameritas Life Insurance Corp. (Ameritas). In the case of a variable product sale, Ameritas Investment Company, LLC is the broker-dealer of record. Keep in mind that your state may require you to hold a particular license in order to charge a fee for insurance advice. If you are licensed as an insurance agent and a registered representative of a broker-dealer, you can become appointed with Ameritas to facilitate the insurance placement. Regardless of the structure of your financial planning practice, we can coordinate a working relationship with you to fit your needs and those of your client.
How is the Ameritas Advisor Series of insurance products different?
In the early 1980s, Ameritas pioneered a new life insurance product design by removing the major sales commission and home-office expenses, which resulted in lower expense charges and no surrender charges.
How do I work with Ameritas Advisor Solutions?
Our help is just a phone call away. We can provide you with:
- Product information
- Answers to any questions you may have.
- Illustration software so you can run your own proposals, or if you prefer, we can run the illustrations for you and email them to you in minutes
- News about tax rulings and how they may affect your clients
- Application paperwork or facilitation of the entire application process directly with your client
- Coordination of the medical requirements
- A dedicated Ameritas team member to closely follow each client’s case
- Daily monitoring that relieves you of paperwork and other administrative activities
- Marketing material.
Will I have access to my client’s information?
With proper authorization from your client, you can receive copies of client statements and reports in addition to having access to policy value and benefit information online.
Will Ameritas contact my client?
Only at your request or as may be legally required. One of the major benefits of working with Ameritas Advisor Solutions is that you remain in complete control of the client relationship. Our goal is to help you grow your practice and enhance your client’s financial plan through the addition of low-expense insurance and annuities. However, if you prefer, you do have the flexibility to refer your clients directly to Ameritas.Our salaried professionals are insurance- and securities-licensed and are fully prepared to assist your client if you’d prefer.