What are Annuities?
Low-cost, tax-deferred investing with the potential for guaranteed income.
A variable annuity is a tax-deferred investment vehicle that can provide your clients with a guaranteed death benefit and help them enjoy a steady stream of income during their retirement years. With your guidance, they can choose the product that is right for their investment style, and you can help them build a strategy that fits their goals and risk tolerance. And with a no-load variable annuity, your clients enjoy 100% liquidity from day one.
Variable annuities have two phases.
The deferral (accumulation) phase:
- Payments are made into the annuity policy, either as a single payment or multiple payments.
- Funds invested in the policy have the potential to grow tax-deferred. That means that any taxes your clients would have paid stay in the policy and have the potential to grow over time.
- Policy value is dependent upon the investment performance of the underlying investment options.
- If needed, there is a death benefit available to the beneficiaries during this phase.
The payout (income) phase:
- Systematic withdrawals can be established at any time to create an income stream for your client with automatic deposits going straight to their checking account.
- The policy can also be annuitized to create a guaranteed stream of income for your client. There are a number of settlement options.
- This phase can be structured in a number of ways depending on the needs of your client.
Guarantees based on the claims-paying ability of the insurer.